This is something we can look at and see for ourselves. When we act with a kind heart and good motivation, without any greed or lust, without any aggression, and without any delusion, that is virtuous. If, on the other hand, we act with a bad motivation out of the greed that wants only to benefit ourselves, out of the aversion that wants to harm someone else, or out of delusion that does not know what to take up and what to give up, that is non-virtuous.
from the book Vivid Awareness: The Mind Instructions of Khenpo Gangshar
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Thrangu Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Vivid Awareness:
- Taking Pain and Illness as the Path
- Awareness is naturally liberated
- Thinking while resting in the natural state
- Not rooted in anything
- Thoughts are just displays of the mind
- The essence of afflictions
- Goodness is something we all have
- Ordinary mind
- Resting within the essence of the mind