There are three kinds of dharma practitioners: firstly, there are those who look like practitioners outwardly, but inwardly they are not real practitioners; secondly, there are those who talk very high, but have no realization at all; thirdly there are those who do not look like practitioners outwardly, but who are in fact genuine practitioners inside.
from the book Compassionate Action
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Chatral Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Compassionate Action:
- Gaining the riches of a Dharma practitioner
- The best form of austerity
- Taking advantage of our human existence
- A disciplined mind
- Not enjoying meat or alcohol
- Your own true enemies
- View and conduct
- Use it well
- No real happiness
- But when you die
- There is nothing more to it than that
- All you need
- By then it’s too late!
- Act accordingly
- Relying on the instructions of your own qualified teacher
- Failing to let go of ordinary concerns
- The path of nonviolence
- Our responsibility