We continue in samsaric existence as long as we are covered by the emotional obscurations and the cognitive obscurations. These two obscurations are precisely what hinder us from attaining the state of omniscient buddhahood.
Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche
from the book Repeating the Words of the Buddha
translated by Erik Pema Kunsang
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Repeating the Words of the Buddha:
- An enlightened essence is present in everyone
- Experience your enlightened essence
- Completely up to ourselves
- Same essence but separate from of manifestation
- A most precarious and dangerous situation
- Relative and Ultimate Bodhicitta
- Aspiration for the time of death