Like the illusory face of this appearing world,
The movement of mind is not touched by artifice.
It is not altered by action, freedom or realization.
To remain in the depth of mind free of reference
is known as mahamudra.
from the book Music In The Sky: The Life, Art, And Teachings Of The 17Th Karmapa Ogyen Trinley Dorje
translated by Michele Martin
Read a random quote or see all quotes by the 17th Karmapa.
Further quotes from the book Music In The Sky:
- The Song of Natural Awareness
- Graduated path
- Pure heart
- Passing the day with a kind-hearted mind
- A Festival of the Field for Gathering Merit
- Letting the Sun Shine
- Taking Our Problems and Sufferings as a Support for Our Practice
- Being of Benefit
- Progressing along our way
- Diverting from our true purpose
- Experiencing mental happiness
- Importance of Calm Abiding
- The Peaceful and Calming Victory Flag
- The Mind Is Like Space
- The Remedy Is Meditation
- The Three Kayas
- Remaining in the depths of mind
- Equal nature
- The moon of bliss