Preconceptions come up in people’s relationship to money, their relationship to work, their relationship to sex, even their relationship to their parents. We find it difficult to relate to these things, especially as they manifest in urban life. That doesn’t mean, however, that we should run away from these issues. Because there is something difficult and destructive involved, there must be something creative involved as well. Relating to that creative aspect is the point.
from the book Work, Sex, Money: Real Life on the Path of Mindfulness
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Chögyam Trungpa.
Further quotes from the book Work, Sex, Money:
- Now is everything
- Inner softness
- Ceasing to imprison ourselves
- Accommodating both wrong and right
- Skillful means
- Finding the intrinsic cheerfulness which exists in you
- Getting into the world
- Finding yourself in the middle of a living situation
- Just do it
- The difference between the enlightened and the confused state of mind
- Work is real
- Fundamental optimism