Meditation is not a matter of trying to achieve ecstasy, spiritual bliss, or tranquillity, nor is it attempting to become a better person. It is simply the creation of a space in which we are able to expose and undo our neurotic games, our self-deceptions, our hidden fears and hopes.
from the book The Myth of Freedom and the Way of Meditation
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Chögyam Trungpa.
Further quotes from the book The Myth of Freedom and the Way of Meditation:
- Taking Our Fences Down
- Seeing our confusion more clearly
- Total lack of inhibition
- No place to perch
- Not seeing thoughts as simple phenomena
- Working in the soil of samsara
- Relating to your daily life
- The golden chain of spirituality
- The openness of panoramic awareness
- Constant unmasking
- Discipline without ego