When you check into a hotel you don’t immediately start thinking that you’ll spend eternity with the managers, maids, and waiters. Your home, your friends, your ideals and values are just part of a hotel experience. Sooner or later, you will have to check out and leave them all behind.
Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche
from the book The Guru Drinks Bourbon?
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book The Guru Drinks Bourbon?:
- Guru devotion and pure perception
- Devotion is supreme
- Why can’t the Guru be perfect?
- Open-minded guru
- Practicing Dharma requires sacrifice
- Skillful Guru
- The very essence of the Spiritual journey
- Check how the guru handles criticism
- Cultivating trust in simplicity
- Beginning to subdue and outshine appearance and existence
- Gurus Don’t Fish for Devotion
- The authentic guru lineage is indispensable
- A proper guru-student communication
- Good gurus are on the verge of extinction
- Going beyond Rational and Irrational Devotion
- Humble Gurus
- Peeling of our patches of samsara
- Outer display of guru devotion
- Modern Buddhadharma