Sanity lies somewhere between the inhibitions of conventional morality and the looseness of extreme impulse, but the area in-between is very fuzzy. The bodhisattva delights in the play between hesitation and extreme impulsiveness – it is beautiful to look at – so delight in itself is the approach of sanity.
from the book The Myth of Freedom and the Way of Meditation
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Chögyam Trungpa.
Further quotes from the book The Myth of Freedom and the Way of Meditation:
- Seeing our confusion more clearly
- Total lack of inhibition
- No place to perch
- Not seeing thoughts as simple phenomena
- Working in the soil of samsara
- Taking Our Fences Down
- The creation of space
- Relating to your daily life
- The golden chain of spirituality
- The openness of panoramic awareness
- Constant unmasking
- Discipline without ego