Whatever is born is impermanent and is bound to die.
Whatever is stored up is impermanent and is bound to run out.
Whatever comes together is impermanent and is bound to come apart.
Whatever is built is impermanent and is bound to collapse.
Whatever rises up is impermanent and is bound to fall down.
So also, friendship and enmity, fortune and sorrow, good and evil, all the thoughts that run through your mind – everything is always changing.
from the book Words of My Perfect Teacher
translated by Padmakara Translation Group
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Patrul Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Words of My Perfect Teacher:
- The result of learning, contemplation, and meditation
- Bright moon
- The Three Defects when listening to the Dharma
- Motivated by ordinary concerns
- Actions arising from anger
- The Six Paramitas
- Impermanence is everywhere
- Peerless Teacher, at your feet I bow
- No Life Guarantee
- The need to follow a spiritual teacher
- Transforming obstacles into favorable circumstances
- Developing love and compassion in everything you do
- Bodhicitta mind
- Assimilating the teachings properly
- The eight similes of illusion
- Still practicing