Unless we connect with the two types of precious bodhicitta, we will not approach enlightenment even in the slightest; this is certain. The two types of bodhicitta are relative bodhicitta, compassion, and ultimate bodichitta, the insight into emptiness. Without these two, there is absolutely no way to take even one step closer towards buddhahood. Any Dharma practice devoid of these two kinds of bodhicitta will not bring the practitioner even one step toward enlightenment – I will swear to that.
Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche
from the book Repeating the Words of the Buddha
translated by Erik Pema Kunsang
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Repeating the Words of the Buddha:
- The two obscurations
- An enlightened essence is present in everyone
- Experience your enlightened essence
- Completely up to ourselves
- Same essence but separate from of manifestation
- A most precarious and dangerous situation
- Aspiration for the time of death