You renounce evil and take up good, as in the teachings on cause and effect.
Your action follows the progression of the Vehicles.
Through your perfect view, you are free from all clinging.
Peerless Teacher, at your feet I bow.
from the book Words of My Perfect Teacher
translated by Padmakara Translation Group
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Patrul Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Words of My Perfect Teacher:
- Impermanence is everywhere
- Aspiration for renunciation
- May our minds mingle with the Dharma
- The result of learning, contemplation, and meditation
- May we realize the natural state
- Bright moon
- Arousing Bodhicitta
- The Three Defects when listening to the Dharma
- Even the smallest amounts of merit
- Motivated by ordinary concerns
- Actions arising from anger
- The Six Paramitas
- No Life Guarantee
- Remembering impermanence
- The need to follow a spiritual teacher
- Transforming obstacles into favorable circumstances
- Developing love and compassion in everything you do