How much time do we really have left in this lifetime? Twenty years? Thirty, if we’re lucky? Given that everything we have understood so far is nothing more than a patch that’s holding together our version of samsara, are any of us really willing to spend another ten years believing in that reality? We must, therefore, be prepared to peel off those patches.
Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche
from the book The Guru Drinks Bourbon?
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book The Guru Drinks Bourbon?:
- The very essence of the Spiritual journey
- Sooner or later, you will have to check
- Check how the guru handles criticism
- Cultivating trust in simplicity
- Beginning to subdue and outshine appearance and existence
- Gurus Don’t Fish for Devotion
- The authentic guru lineage is indispensable
- A proper guru-student communication
- Good gurus are on the verge of extinction
- Going beyond Rational and Irrational Devotion
- Humble Gurus
- Outer display of guru devotion
- Modern Buddhadharma
- Never opt for the easy way out
- The guru is like the horizon
- Hearing the Dharma
- Examining the Guru
- Controlled by circumstances