How much time do we really have left in this lifetime? Twenty years? Thirty, if we’re lucky? Given that everything we have understood so far is nothing more than a patch that’s holding together our version of samsara, are any of us really willing to spend another ten years believing in that reality? We must, therefore, be prepared to peel off those patches.
Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche
from the book The Guru Drinks Bourbon?
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book The Guru Drinks Bourbon?:
- Going beyond Rational and Irrational Devotion
- Humble Gurus
- Outer display of guru devotion
- Modern Buddhadharma
- Never opt for the easy way out
- The guru is like the horizon
- Hearing the Dharma
- Examining the Guru
- Controlled by circumstances
- Celebrity Gurus
- Famous unintentionally
- Dharma without devotion
- The Worst Forms of Abuse Award
- No one can please everyone
- Experience is like a mist in the morning
- You and only you will decide
- Abundance and variety in the teachings is so important