Pure mind is like the empty sky,
Without memory, supreme meditation;
It is our own nature, unstirring, uncontrived,
And wherever that abides is the superior mind,
One in buddhahood without any sign,
One in view free of limiting elaboration,
One in meditation free of limiting ideation,
One in conduct free of limiting endeavor,
And one in fruition free of limiting attainment.
Released as it stands!
With neither realization nor non-realization;
Experience consummate! No mind!
It is open to infinity.
from the book Natural Perfection: Longchenpa's Radical Dzogchen
translated by Keith Dowman
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Longchenpa.
Further quotes from the book Natural Perfection:
- The unique uncreated
- Gazing at the uncontrived sameness of every experience
- Homage to Glorious Samantabhadra, the All-Good
- Timeless spontaneity
- The soaring of the carefree yogin
- The pathless path
- Neither mind nor anything but mind
- The fearless sage
- Natural Perfection
- Or are we so dull?
- Ultimate contemplation
- In the universal womb
- The body, speech and mind of buddha
- Striving precludes attainment