What is clinging to a self rooted in? Actually, it is not rooted in anything. If we see that, then naturally ego-clinging will not happen. The reason it has no root is that when we look for the object that we are clinging to as “me,” as a self, we cannot find it.
from the book Vivid Awareness: The Mind Instructions of Khenpo Gangshar
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Thrangu Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Vivid Awareness:
- Virtuous and Non-virtuous Actions
- Thoughts are just displays of the mind
- The essence of afflictions
- Taking Pain and Illness as the Path
- Awareness is naturally liberated
- Thinking while resting in the natural state
- Goodness is something we all have
- Ordinary mind
- Resting within the essence of the mind