When our perception shifts to meditative or steady awareness, it is no longer narrowed by memory and expectation; whatever we see, touch, taste, smell or hear has greater clarity and sharpness, and enlivens our interactions.
from the book In Love with the World: A Monk's Journey Through the Bardos of Living and Dying
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Mingyur Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book In Love with the World:
- It’s how we relate to emotions
- Fundamentally pure and good
- The masks that hide our true selves
- Only with recognition
- Ego-grasping death comes before life
- Stretching a bit further
- Anywhere, anytime
- Nothing endures but change
- Accepting whatever happens
- Awareness contains impermanence