If you follow any thought or emotion, major or minor, and let your mind wander outward, your work is in error and you’re no different from an ordinary person. Turn your emotion right in and look right at your mind. When you look at it, nothing is seen. Relax completely, let everything go, and rest in that state of emptiness.
Jamgon Kongtrul Lodro Thaye
from the book The Great Path of Awakening
translated by Ken McLeod
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Jamgon Kongtrul Lodro Thaye.
Further quotes from the book The Great Path of Awakening:
- Continuing practice into everyday life
- Reducing a god to a demon
- Three limitless seeds of virtue
- Learn not to cling
- Examining your course of experience
- Suffering is the dance of what is