Look at your life. Look at the ways in which you define who you are and what you’re capable of achieving. Look at your goals. Look at the pressures applied by the people around you and the culture in which you were raised. Look again. And again. Keep looking until you realize, within your own experience, that you’re so much more than who you believe you are. Keep looking until you discover the wondrous heart, the marvelous mind, that is the very basis of your being.
from the book Open Heart, Open Mind: Awakening the Power of Essence Love
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Tsoknyi Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Open Heart, Open Mind:
- The heart of your own being
- Life is precious
- The dance between emptiness and appearance
- Be kind to yourself
- Awakening the spark of love within you
- Welcoming any experience without judgement
- Opening your heart and mind