The essential practice is about nothing other than realizing the nature of your mind. It is only your mind that experiences. There is nothing other in this world that can experience. The five outer and inner elements, comprising the world and your body, don’t experience anything. Neither do the five sense organs. Thus, it is this mind that we need to be one hundred percent clear about.
Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche
from the book As It Is, Vol. 1
translated by Erik Pema Kunsang
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book As It Is, Vol. 1:
- Space and awareness
- No matter what you do
- Within space
- It is only your mind which experiences
- Motivation to achieve enlightenment
- Satisfying people on all different levels
- What actually takes place
- Self-existing wakefulness
- Empty cognizance
- The single sphere of dharmakaya