The best spiritual friend is one who attacks yours hidden faults.
The best instructions are the ones that hit those faults.
The best friends are mindfulness and vigilance.
The best incentives are enemies, obstacles, and sufferings of illness.
The best method is not to fabricate anything.
quoted in the book Words of My Perfect Teacher
translated by Padmakara Translation Group
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Atisha.
Further quotes from the book Words of My Perfect Teacher:
- Peerless Teacher, at your feet I bow
- May our minds mingle with the Dharma
- The result of learning, contemplation, and meditation
- May we realize the natural state
- Bright moon
- Even the smallest amounts of merit
- The Three Defects when listening to the Dharma
- Motivated by ordinary concerns
- Actions arising from anger
- The Six Paramitas
- Impermanence is everywhere
- Aspiration for renunciation
- No Life Guarantee
- Remembering impermanence
- The need to follow a spiritual teacher
- Transforming obstacles into favorable circumstances
- Developing love and compassion in everything you do
- Bodhicitta mind