You can train yourself in this way to feel surrounded on all sides by goodness and benefit. Everything and everyone is benefiting you. The whole world becomes your personal benefactor and is part of you. You have not only been benefited in material terms. Those whose ideas you find useful, who brings out the best in you, who challenge you to grow — they are also your personal benefactors and form part of who you are.
Teaching yourself to see and feel in this way will make it much easier for you to feel close to others. It can make a tremendous contribution to your personal happiness and can certainly make you a more positive force in the interdependent world.
from the book Interconnected: Embracing Life in Our Global Society
Read a random quote or see all quotes by the 17th Karmapa.
Further quotes from the book Interconnected:
- His Loneliness
- Enthusiastically benefiting whomever we come in contact with
- Extending gratitude in all directions
- Limitless aspirations
- Inner freedom is key
- Our closest and most reliable allies
- The workings of interdependence
- Acting against self-serving impulses
- Webs of interdependence
- A Vast and Complex Web of Causality
- Delight in positive thoughts
- Touching the core of our equality
- We hold nothing back
- Bringing about real change in the world
- Experiencing connection rather than isolation
- Opening up to the view of interconnectedness
- Interdependent individuals