In the conventional view, life comes before death. In the wisdom view, ego-grasping death comes before life.
from the book In Love with the World: A Monk's Journey Through the Bardos of Living and Dying
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Mingyur Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book In Love with the World:
- Anywhere, anytime
- Nothing endures but change
- Accepting whatever happens
- Awareness contains impermanence
- It’s how we relate to emotions
- Meditative awareness
- Fundamentally pure and good
- The masks that hide our true selves
- Only with recognition
- Stretching a bit further