Just as a waterproof covering protects against rain, diligence protects against all the circumstances and conditions that tempt us to give up on ourselves. Especially in meditation practice, diligence is required, not only to go beyond physical discomforts, but to work with the fear and resistance that arise in the face of letting go of ego fixations.
from the book Turning Confusion into Clarity: A Guide to the Foundation Practices of Tibetan Buddhism
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Mingyur Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Turning Confusion into Clarity:
- You are discovering yourself
- Befriending the monkey mind
- The real obstacle to resting meditation
- Becoming the awareness
- The very first sign of waking up
- The mind of letting go
- Freedom exists within our very own mind
- What creates samsara
- We are born buddhas
- Not a substitute for practice
- Turning toward awakening
- Ordinary sangha