The attainment of enlightenment from ego’s point of view is extreme death, the death of self, the death of me and mine, the death of the watcher. It is the ultimate and final disappointment. Treading the spiritual path is painful. It is a constant unmasking, peeling off of layer after layer of masks. It involves insult after insult.
from the book The Myth of Freedom and the Way of Meditation
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Chögyam Trungpa.
Further quotes from the book The Myth of Freedom and the Way of Meditation:
- Total lack of inhibition
- No place to perch
- Not seeing thoughts as simple phenomena
- Working in the soil of samsara
- Taking Our Fences Down
- Seeing our confusion more clearly
- The creation of space
- Relating to your daily life
- The golden chain of spirituality
- The openness of panoramic awareness
- Discipline without ego