Anytime meditation depends on even the faintest quality of dwelling on something, then something is still not quite free. However, somehow freedom arises from or depends on imprisonment. First you have to recognize your fundamental imprisonment. Then, if you cease to imprison yourself, you are truly free. Whenever there is an experience of faint imprisonment, you are free to give that up — just a little bit. In order to experience freedom, you have to give an inch.
from the book Work, Sex, Money: Real Life on the Path of Mindfulness
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Chögyam Trungpa.
Further quotes from the book Work, Sex, Money:
- Now is everything
- Inner softness
- Accommodating both wrong and right
- Skillful means
- Finding the intrinsic cheerfulness which exists in you
- The creative aspect of everyday difficulties
- Getting into the world
- Finding yourself in the middle of a living situation
- Just do it
- The difference between the enlightened and the confused state of mind
- Work is real
- Fundamental optimism