When another person makes you suffer, it is because he suffers deeply within himself, and his suffering is spilling over. He does not need punishment; he needs help. That’s the message he is sending.
Thich Nhat Hanh
from the book The Heart of the Buddha's Teaching: Transforming Suffering into Peace, Joy, and Liberation
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Thich Nhat Hanh.
Further quotes from the book The Heart of the Buddha's Teaching:
- Anxiety is the illness of our age
- The Middle Way between existent and nonexistent
- The only condition for happiness
- Truly free
- Fully alive and fully aware
- Right Diligence
- Being really there
- Allow yourself to be happy now
- Right Speech
- Just be
- Beyond birth and death