Contrary to popular belief, buddhist renunciation is not self-flagellation or austerity.
Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche
from the book What Makes You Not a Buddhist
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book What Makes You Not a Buddhist:
- Shielding ourselves and others from the truth
- Not paranoid but prepared
- Not a buddha yet
- Like monkeys
- Appreciating the whole cycle of impermanence
- The spiritual path is a temporary solution
- Bound by practicality
- Enlightened beings may seem insane
- I don’t give a damn
- What is life?
- The habit of self
- Pride and pity
- Change is inevitable
- The cup that holds the teachings
- Eventually we are disappointed
- Like a child at the cinema
- Emotionally not possible
- Enjoying the bliss of ignorance