Boredom is important in meditation practice. It increases the psychological sophistication of the practitioners. They begin to appreciate boredom and they develop their sophistication until the boredom begins to become cool boredom, like a mountain river. It flows and flows and flows, methodically and repetitiously, but it is very cooling, very refreshing.
from the book The Myth of Freedom and the Way of Meditation
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Chögyam Trungpa.
Further quotes from the book The Myth of Freedom and the Way of Meditation:
- Taking Our Fences Down
- Seeing our confusion more clearly
- Total lack of inhibition
- No place to perch
- Not seeing thoughts as simple phenomena
- Working in the soil of samsara
- The creation of space
- The golden chain of spirituality
- Relating to your daily life
- The openness of panoramic awareness
- Constant unmasking
- Discipline without ego