Foremost I would like to tell you that an enlightened essence is present in everyone. It is present in every state, both samsara and nirvana, and in all sentient beings; there is no exception. Experience your buddha nature, make it your constant practice, and you will reach enlightenment. In my lifetime I have known many, many people who attained such and enlightened state, both male and female. Awakening to enlightenment is not an ancient fable. It is not mythology. It actually does happen. Bring the oral instructions into your own practical experience and enlightenment is indeed possible; it is not just a fairy tale.
Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche
from the book Repeating the Words of the Buddha
translated by Erik Pema Kunsang
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Repeating the Words of the Buddha:
- The two obscurations
- Experience your enlightened essence
- Completely up to ourselves
- Same essence but separate from of manifestation
- A most precarious and dangerous situation
- Relative and Ultimate Bodhicitta
- Aspiration for the time of death