You may hear what I’m saying and think that it’s true. But you have to practice it; you have to do it, sweethearts. We can’t just issue messages of philosophy all over the world. We are capable of actually sending up a satellite that would beam down Shambhala or Buddhist slogans twenty-four hours a day. What good would that do? We have to get ourselves together.
from the book Great Eastern Sun: The Wisdom of Shambhala
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Chögyam Trungpa.
Further quotes from the book Great Eastern Sun:
- First mind, first thought
- Facing our lives
- Feeling too naked
- The primordial dot
- Trusting in yourself first
- Smile at fear
- Decency is free from trickery
- Ordinary is extraordinary
- The majesty of the world is always there
- Somebody has to do it
- The heart of goodness in you
- Enjoy your goodness