Work is something real, just as much as spiritual practice. Work doesn’t have to have any extra meaning behind it, but it is spirituality in itself. Work doesn’t need another philosophical reinforcement. Maybe you think that you can’t relate to work unless you have a good philosophical reason, and without that, your work remains mechanical. In that case, you may be missing the point of spirituality altogether. Spirituality is not other than work, just to make the point clear. Work is spirituality, work is real—as much as anything else.
from the book Work, Sex, Money: Real Life on the Path of Mindfulness
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Chögyam Trungpa.
Further quotes from the book Work, Sex, Money:
- Inner softness
- Ceasing to imprison ourselves
- Accommodating both wrong and right
- Skillful means
- Finding the intrinsic cheerfulness which exists in you
- Now is everything
- The creative aspect of everyday difficulties
- Getting into the world
- Finding yourself in the middle of a living situation
- Just do it
- The difference between the enlightened and the confused state of mind
- Fundamental optimism