It’s very important to understand what creates samsara, also called the realm of confusion. Samsara does not arise from external circumstances. It’s not tied to any particular object in the world around us. What creates samsara is how the mind habitually clings to its misperceptions of reality.
from the book Turning Confusion into Clarity: A Guide to the Foundation Practices of Tibetan Buddhism
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Mingyur Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Turning Confusion into Clarity:
- The very first sign of waking up
- The mind of letting go
- Not a substitute for practice
- You are discovering yourself
- Befriending the monkey mind
- The real obstacle to resting meditation
- Becoming the awareness
- Turning toward awakening
- Ordinary sangha