Resting in the natural state does not mean that you cannot think about things or work. The idea is to rest in the natural state and think at the same time. If you can do that, you can think things through and work but there are no painful or sharp feelings.
from the book Vivid Awareness: The Mind Instructions of Khenpo Gangshar
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Thrangu Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Vivid Awareness:
- Awareness is naturally liberated
- Not rooted in anything
- The essence of afflictions
- Taking Pain and Illness as the Path
- Goodness is something we all have
- Ordinary mind
- Resting within the essence of the mind