When many other people join in a trend, we are less likely to look beyond the pack to think about the consequences of our collective actions, but actually we should think more. This becomes particularly acute in the twenty-first century, when technology further intensifies the reach of such collective actions.
from the book Interconnected: Embracing Life in Our Global Society
Read a random quote or see all quotes by the 17th Karmapa.
Further quotes from the book Interconnected:
- The interdependence between us and the world
- Touching the core of our equality
- Inner freedom is key
- A Vast and Complex Web of Causality
- Bringing about real change in the world
- The power of our senses
- You exist in connection with others
- The air we breathe
- Our intimate dependence on the natural environment
- The best way to love oneself
- Enthusiastically benefiting whomever we come in contact with