The wonderful paradox about the truth of suffering is that the more we open to it and understand it, the lighter and freer our mind becomes. Our mind becomes more spacious, more open, and happier as we move past our avoidance and denial to see what is true. We become less driven by compulsive desires and addictions, because we see clearly the nature of things as they are.
from the book Insight Meditation: The Practice of Freedom
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Joseph Goldstein.
Further quotes from the book Insight Meditation:
- Purpose of practice
- The meditative journey
- Awareness of thoughts
- The foundation of goodwill
- Seeing impermanence deeply
- Becoming aware of suffering
- Freedom Lies in the Wisdom to Choose
- Just sitting and watching
- Undistracted awareness
- Like a cloud passing through the sky
- Being with it fully