There is much to be said for sensory experiences as a way to feel our personal interconnectedness in a vivid and unmediated way. As our senses open, our heart is moved. This direct experience evokes affection and affection, and that leads naturally to wanting to nurture and protect our planet.
from the book Interconnected: Embracing Life in Our Global Society
Read a random quote or see all quotes by the 17th Karmapa.
Further quotes from the book Interconnected:
- The interdependence between us and the world
- Inner freedom is key
- A Vast and Complex Web of Causality
- Bringing about real change in the world
- You exist in connection with others
- The air we breathe
- Touching the core of our equality