A garland of dawn’s glowing moonlight this wisdom, profound and clear, sheds luminous joy.
Virtuous signs of radiant clarity, a cluster of lively moons turns in the gracious dance of emptiness, free of fabrication, and luminosity, cool and fresh;
A broad and calming shade of benefit and happiness permeates the whole universe.
The sweet melody of auspicious virtue and excellence for all beings resonates as the glorious ornament of the three realms.
The two rising curves of pure gold are great joy’s loving, radiant smile;
The vibrant blue reflects the ultimate, dharmakaya lit by a vigorous and youthful sun; sphere of light, this hand draws
And plays, gathering into the glide of an image the unity of the profound and vast, the peaceful and soothing.
Throughout existence, may the victory banner of the Buddha’s teachings resound its famous and melodious song.
from the book Music In The Sky: The Life, Art, And Teachings Of The 17Th Karmapa Ogyen Trinley Dorje
translated by Michele Martin
Read a random quote or see all quotes by the 17th Karmapa.
Further quotes from the book Music In The Sky:
- The Song of Natural Awareness
- Graduated path
- Pure heart
- Passing the day with a kind-hearted mind
- A Festival of the Field for Gathering Merit
- Letting the Sun Shine
- Taking Our Problems and Sufferings as a Support for Our Practice
- Being of Benefit
- Progressing along our way
- Diverting from our true purpose
- Experiencing mental happiness
- Importance of Calm Abiding
- The Mind Is Like Space
- The Remedy Is Meditation
- The Three Kayas
- Remaining in the depths of mind
- Equal nature
- The moon of bliss