Some people find it hard to see their own inner beauty. They wish to learn to be kinder to themselves but do not know how to go about doing so. I would say that in being loving and affectionate towards others, you can discover affection and kindness towards yourself. The best way to love oneself and care for oneself is to love others.
from the book Interconnected: Embracing Life in Our Global Society
Read a random quote or see all quotes by the 17th Karmapa.
Further quotes from the book Interconnected:
- The interdependence between us and the world
- Thinking about the consequences of our collective actions
- Inner freedom is key
- A Vast and Complex Web of Causality
- Bringing about real change in the world
- The power of our senses
- You exist in connection with others
- The air we breathe
- Our intimate dependence on the natural environment
- Touching the core of our equality