You know the relative to be a lie, yet still you practise the two accumulations.
You realize that in the absolute there is nothing to be meditated on, yet still you practise meditation.
You see the relative and absolute as one, yet still you diligently practise.
Peerless teacher, at your feet I bow.
from the book Words of My Perfect Teacher
translated by Padmakara Translation Group
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Patrul Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Words of My Perfect Teacher:
- The result of learning, contemplation, and meditation
- Bright moon
- The Three Defects when listening to the Dharma – Patrul Rinpoche
- Motivated by ordinary concerns
- Actions arising from anger
- No Life Guarantee
- Remembering impermanence
- The need to follow a spiritual teacher
- Transforming obstacles into favorable circumstances
- Developing love and compassion in everything you do
- Bodhicitta mind
- Assimilating the teachings properly
- The eight similes of illusion
- Hidden Faults