The self is simply a vague and convenient concept that we project now here and now there onto a stream of experiences, and is nothing in or of itself.
Khenpo Tsultrim Rinpoche
from the book Progressive Stages of Meditation on Emptiness
translated by Shenpen Hookham
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Khenpo Tsultrim Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Progressive Stages of Meditation on Emptiness:
- What exactly is feeling hurt
- Perceiver and Perceived
- The source of all our suffering
- It is all change and impermanence
- The wisdom that realizes not-self
- Our constant pre-occupation