Wisdom is the clear seeing of the impermanent, conditioned nature of all phenomena, knowing that whatever arises has the nature to cease. When we see this impermanence deeply, we no longer cling; and when we no longer cling, we come to the end of suffering.
from the book Insight Meditation: The Practice of Freedom
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Joseph Goldstein.
Further quotes from the book Insight Meditation:
- Purpose of practice
- Awareness of thoughts
- The foundation of goodwill
- Becoming aware of suffering
- Freedom Lies in the Wisdom to Choose
- The wonderful paradox about the truth of suffering
- Just sitting and watching
- The meditative journey