Rejoicing in the success of others means letting go of competitiveness, jealousy, and envy, and nurturing the capacity to celebrate the virtuous activities and merit of others, which at the same time generates merit for ourselves.
from the book Turning Confusion into Clarity: A Guide to the Foundation Practices of Tibetan Buddhism
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Mingyur Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Turning Confusion into Clarity:
- The very first sign of waking up
- The mind of letting go
- What creates samsara
- Not a substitute for practice
- You are discovering yourself
- Befriending the monkey mind
- The real obstacle to resting meditation
- Becoming the awareness
- Turning toward awakening
- Ordinary sangha