At present we have achieved the perfect human body of freedoms and riches. We have met the precious teachings of the greater vehicle. We now have the independence to genuinely apply the sacred dharma, so do not squander your life on pointless things. Instead, pursue the lasting goal.
Mirror to Reflect the Most Essential: The Final Instruction on the Ultimate Meaning
from the book Quintessential Dzogchen: Confusion Dawns as Wisdom
translated by Erik Pema Kunsang
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Longchenpa.
Further quotes from the book Quintessential Dzogchen:
- Being in harmony with the dharma
- Shouldering the Mahayana teachings
- Unless you mingle your mind with the dharma
- Undistracted presence of mind
- Wide-awake empty cognizance