When any two components or more come together, a new phenomenon emerges – nails and wood become a table; water and leaves become tea; fear, devotion, and a savior become God. This end product doesnt have an existence independent of its parts.
Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche
from the book What Makes You Not a Buddhist
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book What Makes You Not a Buddhist:
- Today is the death of yesterday
- Clinging to our hopes and fears
- Primordial purity
- Where will they scatter my ashes
- A simple, scientific fact
- Being a Buddhist
- Our true nature is like a wineglass
- What is in the mind of a Buddhist
- Pride and pity
- Living fully
- Your own ignorance betrays you
- Shielding ourselves and others from the truth
- Not a buddha yet
- Like monkeys
- Appreciating the whole cycle of impermanence
- The spiritual path is a temporary solution
- Enlightened beings may seem insane
- I don’t give a damn
- What is life?