How much time do we really have left in this lifetime? Twenty years? Thirty, if we’re lucky? Given that everything we have understood so far is nothing more than a patch that’s holding together our version of samsara, are any of us really willing to spend another ten years believing in that reality? We must, therefore, be prepared to peel off those patches.
Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche
from the book The Guru Drinks Bourbon?
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book The Guru Drinks Bourbon?:
- Cultivating trust in simplicity
- Gurus Don’t Fish for Devotion
- A proper guru-student communication
- Going beyond Rational and Irrational Devotion
- Modern Buddhadharma
- Never opt for the easy way out
- Hearing the Dharma
- Controlled by circumstances
- Celebrity Gurus
- Dharma without devotion
- No one can please everyone
- You and only you will decide
- The whole purpose of the outer guru
- Dismantling the puzzle of dualism
- Your decision is now taking the lead
- The quest for a guru
- Open-minded guru
- Devotion is supreme
- Humble Gurus