How much time do we really have left in this lifetime? Twenty years? Thirty, if we’re lucky? Given that everything we have understood so far is nothing more than a patch that’s holding together our version of samsara, are any of us really willing to spend another ten years believing in that reality? We must, therefore, be prepared to peel off those patches.
Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche
from the book The Guru Drinks Bourbon?
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book The Guru Drinks Bourbon?:
- Cultivating trust in simplicity
- A proper guru-student communication
- Never opt for the easy way out
- Controlled by circumstances
- Dismantling the puzzle of dualism
- The quest for a guru
- Devotion is supreme
- The very essence of the Spiritual journey
- Gurus Don’t Fish for Devotion
- Modern Buddhadharma