Seeing the truth as it is, is the goal as well as the path. Confused existence, or samsara, is a complex situation based on passion, aggression, and ignorance. Its essence is turmoil. But unless you relate to passion, aggression, and ignorance as the path—understanding them, working with them, and treading on them—you will not discover the goal. By discovering the truth of confusion, or samsara, you are also discovering peace, or nirvana—freedom from confusion. Truth does not depend on formulas or alternative answers, but truth is seen to be one truth without relativity.
from the book The Path of Individual Liberation: The Profound Treasury of the Ocean of Dharma, Volume One
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Chögyam Trungpa.
Further quotes from the book The Path of Individual Liberation:
- A very valid thing to do
- Dharma is the truth of the reality
- No need to fight
- Useful gap
- You cannot watch your own burial
- Transcending Pleasure, Transcending Pain
- Stocking Up is Not Taming the Mind
- A valid thing to do
- Well-being of body, speech and mind
- The immediateness of what is happening right here and now