There’s no real happiness among any of the six classes of beings.
If we consider the sufferings of the three lower realms,
When you feel upset just by hearing about them,
How will you possibly cope when you experience them directly?
Even the happiness and pleasures of the three upper realms,
Are just like fine food that’s been laced with poison,
Enjoyable at first, but in the long run a cause of ruin.
from the book Compassionate Action
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Chatral Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Compassionate Action:
- View and conduct
- Use it well
- But when you die
- There is nothing more to it than that
- All you need
- By then it’s too late!
- Act accordingly
- Relying on the instructions of your own qualified teacher
- Failing to let go of ordinary concerns
- Gaining the riches of a Dharma practitioner
- The best form of austerity
- Taking advantage of our human existence
- A disciplined mind
- Not enjoying meat or alcohol
- Your own true enemies
- Three kinds of dharma practitioners
- The path of nonviolence
- Our responsibility