The Great Way is not difficult
for those who have no preferences.
When love and hate are both absent
everything becomes clear and undisguised.
Make the smallest distinction, however,
and heaven and earth are set infinitely apart.
from the book Hsin-Hsin Ming: Verses on the Faith-Mind
translated by Richard B. Clarke
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Sengcan.
Further quotes from the book Hsin-Hsin Ming:
- The Mind’s Essential Peace
- Perfect Like Vast Space
- Even a Trace of This and That
- The Unity of Emptiness
- Clinging Cannot Be Limited
- Obey the Nature of Things
- Of Single Essence
- Released From All Entanglements
- Life in True Faith