Recognizing our shared humanity and our biological nature as beings whose happiness is dependent on others, we learn to open our hearts, and in so doing we gain a sense of purpose and a sense of connection with those around us.
14th Dalai Lama
from the book Beyond Religion: Ethics for a Whole World
Read a random quote or see all quotes by the 14th Dalai Lama.
Further quotes from the book Beyond Religion:
- Basic human values oriented by nature
- Spirituality and ethics beyond religion
- Something is seriously lacking
- Cooperating with one another
- Being wise selfish
- The key to human happiness
- Confidence, integrity, and dignity