Since all virtuous thoughts and actions motivated by clinging to a concrete reality or to a self-cherishing attitude are like poisonous food, give them up. Learn not to cling, but to know the phantomlike nature of experience.
Jamgon Kongtrul Lodro Thaye
from the book The Great Path of Awakening
translated by Ken McLeod
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Jamgon Kongtrul Lodro Thaye.
Further quotes from the book The Great Path of Awakening:
- Reducing a god to a demon
- Three limitless seeds of virtue
- Continuing practice into everyday life
- Look right at your mind
- Examining your course of experience
- Suffering is the dance of what is