Mindfulness practice begins to open up everything. We open our mind to memories, to emotions, to different sensations in the body. In meditation this happens in a very organic way, because we are not searching, we are not pulling or probing, we are just sitting and watching.
from the book Insight Meditation: The Practice of Freedom
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Joseph Goldstein.
Further quotes from the book Insight Meditation:
- Purpose of practice
- Awareness of thoughts
- The foundation of goodwill
- Seeing impermanence deeply
- Becoming aware of suffering
- Freedom Lies in the Wisdom to Choose
- The wonderful paradox about the truth of suffering
- Undistracted awareness
- Being with it fully
- The meditative journey